Sunday 1 July 2012

Lets talk dirty! The dirty dozen that is.

Okay now I have your attention, lets talk dirty. By dirty, I mean vegies that are sprayed a lot and we should try and buy these organic. A general guide is anything with a thin skin but here are the dirty dozen.

Worst to best
Apples
Celery
Strawberries
Peaches
Spinach
Nectarines
Grapes
Capsicum
Potatoes
Blueberries Lettuce
Kale/collard greens

Now we have talked dirty here is the clean fifteen.

Best to worst
Onions
Corn
Pineapples
Avocado
Asparagus
Sweet peas
Mangoes
Eggplant
Rockmelon
Kiwi
Cabbage (I always get this organic)
Watermelon
Sweet potatoes
Grapefruit
Mushrooms

Sometimes people think of organic as being expensive but if you find a good source and buy in season there really isn't much in it. Sometimes my supplier is even cheaper than conventional stuff in the supermarket. I still get the clean fifteen organic where I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment